Friday, August 9, 2013

No, I didn't forget my blog!

It's been 2 weeks since my last post, so I thought I should probably come in and say something. 

So what has been happening since my last post?  Well, I had a birthday, so I'm another year older.  43...still feels like 23.  Maybe that's because I still act like I'm 23. 

So what did I do for my birthday?  I celebrated.  We took a mini-vacation and went to the Jersey Shore.  I had Italian food.  And cake.  And frozen custard, zeppoles, cheese fries and fried clams on the boardwalk.  (Not all at once.)  I didn't exactly work out, and I gained almost 3 lbs.  Oh well...life goes on and I'll just have to work it off.  My birthday only comes once a year and I was going to enjoy it.

After we got home, my back started to bother me.  A rather sharp pain right across the top of my back.  Not my neck or shoulders, but my back.  It was very uncomfortable and at times, I wanted to cry.  So I called the doctor and went in to see her.  She checked me out and said that there was nothing wrong with the bones and it was probably just muscular, so she prescribed a muscle relaxer for me to take at night and also suggested to put heat on it and to take 2 Aleve twice a day.  It is much better now, thankfully.  But, because it was so painful last week, I didn't take my kickboxing class. 

I did return to kickboxing last night and my back actually felt better after the class than it has felt all week, so I'm happy with that.  I also went to WW yesterday and I lost a tiny smidge of what I'd gained while on vacation.  I'm happy to be going in the right direction again and I plan to work hard to make it back where I was and to make sure that I reach the goals I've set.

It's easy to just let it go, but I need to refocus and get back on track.  I don't want to undo all the hard work I've done this year.  I am going to get into that sexy red dress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment