Thursday, August 29, 2013

How do I feel?

We put so much emphasis on numbers that sometimes we forget that their are other indicators of success.  Of course losing weight is my ultimate goal, but I know that I'm getting fit and I'm getting stronger.  I can feel it.  And I need to make sure I always remember that and don't always just focus on the number.

I've been taking kickboxing for about 2 months now, usually going about once a week.  Over that time, the numbes on the scale have been on a roller coaster ride.  I can loot at certain weeks where I know that I didn't do all the work I needed to do, but this week was a little different.

Could I have done better with what I chose to eat and how much I worked out? Sure!  But I also know that since my last weigh-in, I took 2 kickboxing classes, walked every day during lunch and I really noticed a change in the way my clothes fit yesterday.  The shirt that I wore is clingy and when I first bought it this past spring, it was very fitted and really clung to every curve on my body (and there are lots of those).  When I wore it about two weeks ago, it was less clingy than when I bought it.  And when I wore it yesterday...it was significantly looser than even just two weeks ago.  I felt space between my curves (I don't think those are going anywhere - just getting smaller) and the fabric of the shirt.  That is success!

So my body is changing and even though the scale said I'm up 1.2 lbs this week, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that I stay focused on the positives and not just on the numbers.  I am going to think more about how I feel (and right now, I can tell you that I feel pretty sore from that kickboxing class I took 2 days ago) and how my clothes fit and less on the number on the scale. 

I am getting fit and gaining muscle and I can't wait to see how I look when it comes time to go shopping for my Sexy Red Dress!



I can do this!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you can do this! Don't fret about a 1 lb. weight gain, especially if you are working out the way you are. You are adding muscle! Celebrate your success!!!

    ReplyDelete